Moulds are found everywhere inside and outside, and can grow on almost any substance when moisture is present. Moulds reproduce by spores, which can be carried by air currents and when these spores land on a moist surface that is suitable for life, they begin to grow. Mould is normally found indoors at levels that do not affect most healthy individuals.
Because common building materials are capable of sustaining mould growth, and mould spores are ubiquitous, mould growth in an indoor environment is typically related to water or moisture indoors. Mould growth may also be caused by incomplete drying of flooring materials such as concrete, flooding, leaky roofs, building maintenance problems, or indoor plumbing problems can lead to mould growth inside your home or business.
For significant mould growth to occur, there must be a source of water (which could be invisible humidity), a source of food, and a substrate capable of sustaining growth. Common building materials, such as plywood, drywall, furring strips, carpets, and carpet padding are food for moulds. In carpet, invisible dust and cellulose are the food sources. After a single incident of water damage occurs in a building, moulds grow inside walls and then become dormant until a subsequent incident of high humidity; this illustrates how mould can appear to be a sudden problem, long after a previous flood or water incident that did not produce such a problem.
Both infants & the elderly in particular, may develop respiratory symptoms as a result of exposure to mould & mould exposures cause a variety of health issues depending on the person such as; throat irritation, nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, cough and wheezing, as well as skin irritation in some cases.
Please bear in mind that although in most cases water damage / flood damage will be covered by household insurance, however, if mould is allowed to develop that cleanup and removal of mould is not covered in most cases.
We had a sewage disaster in the toilets in our Hotel and the team came straight away and cleaned up the mess which enabled us to re-open our Bar for Friday night service. Fantastic group of lads.
Waking up to a sewage spill is a nightmare and that's what happened to our B and B guests. Thank goodness the problem was cleaned and sorted out very quickly as it could have potentially closed our business permanently. Thank you so much
Flood water is scary and destructive as we found out last week. Within a couple of days we had our downstairs drained, dried and deodorised and can't thank you enough.
We have had nasty smells in our basement cellar for a long time, it is damp and we called in Flood Restoration Services. Not only did they give us a damp proofing course, they also sanitised the cellar and sorted out a minor rat problem we had due to the permanent dampness in the area
Having a new baby in the house we were distraught when we got up in the morning and found a sewage spill from the drains outside had flooded our garden and sewage had spilled into our porch. Your quick service to restore things was fantastic.